Eight men have been formally charged with organising the raid on Hatton Garden Safety Deposit Ltd, according to an update by Scotland Yard.
The Met Police’s Flying Squad charged the men with conspiracy to burgle on Wednesday evening. They will all appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday May 21).
A ninth man who was also arrested has been released on bail pending further investigation.
The full list of those charged is as follows…
- Terry Perkins, 67, of Heene Road, Enfield
- John Collins, 74, of Bletsoe Walk, Islington
- Daniel Jones, 58, of Park Avenue, Enfield
- Hugh Doyle, 48, of Riverside Gardens, Enfield
- William Lincoln, 59, of Bethnal Green, east London
- Brian Reader, 76, of Dartford Road, Dartford
- Paul Reader, 50, of Dartford Road, Dartford
- Carl Wood, 58, of Elderbeck Close, Cheshunt
Two of the men charged are understood to be father and son.
Officers are confident that bags containing a “significant” amount of high-value goods recovered from one of the addresses will include items stolen during the raid.
The contents of 56 safety deposit boxes were taken during the highly organised attack on Hatton Garden Safety Deposit Ltd on the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
The gang of thieves disabled a lift in the building and abseiled down into the basement, where the vault is located. From there, they used a specialist Hilti DD350 drill to crack the two metre thick vault walls, which were made of reinforced concrete.