Goldsmiths Fair unveils morning talks and ‘in conversation’ seminars.
The organisers of Goldsmiths’ Fair are counting down to the start of a fresh look show, with a raft of new exhibitors and a packed events programme.
Organisers have revealed details of more than 30 special events, including paid-for breakfast talks from 9.30am to 11.00am, and free ‘In Conversation’ drop-in sessions.
This programme is in addition to the previously announced Zaha Hadid Selects – whereby the architect will showcase her personal design highlights from this year’s Fair.
During the ‘In Conversation’ drop-in talks, a leading craft and design expert will interview one or more of the exhibitors on display. Topics will include ideas and inspiration, the design process, materials, technical challenges, and the wearing of jewellery.
For an up-to-date line-up, see goldsmithsfair.co.uk/events/conversation-talks/
The Goldsmiths’ Company’s David Mills comments, ‘We are delighted to have attracted such illustrious and passionate speakers to take part in this, Goldsmiths’ Fair’s first ever events programme. The more information we can share about design, materials and techniques, the more we can inspire visitors to buy and commission at the Fair.”
The breakfast talks will cost £20 including continental breakfast and one week’s entry to the Fair. Highlights include:
- Gallery founder Lesley Craze MBE sharing insights from her 30 years in the world of contemporary jewellery.
- Jewellery expert and Antiques Roadshow specialist Joanna Hardy on jewellery’s journey from the 1960s to the present day.
- British Silver Week Chairman, Gordon Hamme, giving an insider’s guide to buying and commissioning contemporary silver.
- Jewellery historian and curator Dr Beatriz Chadour-Sampson on changing fashions in pearls.
- Gallerist Louisa Guinness on jewellery designed by iconic artists from Picasso to Anish Kapoor.
- The Deputy Warden of the Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office, Dr Robert Organ, on fakes, forgeries and hallmarking.
- Craft and design journalist Corinne Julius on commissioning contemporary silver & jewellery at Goldsmiths’ Fair.
Goldsmiths’ Fair will take place from September 22 to October 5. For the full line-up, see goldsmithsfair.co.uk/events/breakfast-talks/