Retail and online business continues to be run by same family.
Family-run business Laings of Glasgow is celebrating its 175th year of trading, having successfully managed to adapt to changing sales environments since 1840.
The business was established by James and William Laing as a wholesale and manufacturing venture in Brunswick Street, Glasgow, in 1840. In 2015, the company continues to be run by the Laings family, including executive chairman Stuart Laing, his daughter Wendy and her husband Joe, who are taking the Laings of Glasgow brand into a new era of online expansion.
It was under fifth generation owner, Stuart Laing, that the company made its most significant move forward by opening a new store in the Argyll Arcade in 1971. This was the beginning of its presence in what is now known as a European centre of excellence for the retail jewellery industry.
Laings now has three stores within the Argyll Arcade and a prominent online presence.
To celebrate the milestone, Laings has introduced a special jewellery collection, titled ‘The 175 Gold Collection’. The range is now available in store and online.