Lumbers opens new store featuring first Brown and Newirth shop-in-shop

Pictures of the new luxurious Lumbers store on the High Street.

Luxury Midlands based jewellers Lumbers has now opened the doors to their new 16,000 sq ft premises on the High Street of Leicester, featuring Brown & Newirth’s first shop-in-shop.

The new Lumbers’ store expands the fine jewellers’ floorspace from the 6,500 sq ft, which they occupied for 15 years on Market Street, to a new 16,000 sq ft area.

The new shop is now spread across three floors and includes a retail area, VIP section and office space. The VIP section consists of a kitchen, champagne bar and entertainment areas for guests.

Story continues below

Lumbers wanted to create a new space which would also increase its offering to its customers and a place for the people of Leicester to embrace. This is only the third move for Lumbers since its creation in 1881 Originally the store was founded in Loseby Lane, Leicester, moved to Granby Street in 1915 and then to Market Street 35 years ago.

The large space has also helped to make way for a number of luxury brands to be added to the store’s already wide offering which currently includes Chopard, Breitling and TAG Heuer, to name but a few. Longstanding designer brands such as Omega watches and Aspinal of London have been added to their ever growing list of opulent brands, along with a new wedding ring boutique by Brown and Newirth.

Speaking to Professional Jeweller about the Brown & Newirth shop-in-shop, Lumbers managing director Dominic Gomersall, says: “Lumbers is so happy to introduce Brown & Newirths first shop-in-shop.

“The brand has always supported us and our relationship has been mutually beneficial. As well as this, Brown & Newirth’s professional ethos reflects our own; they strive to always be the best at what they do, something we are extremely proud to adhere to at Lumbers.”

The store has taken a modern look on board without losing its heritage making it unique throughout. There is a silver cabinet present in the new store that has been a part of the business since it was founded in 1881. There is also a Steinway grand piano that was made in 1881 placed inside the new store alongside the modern transformation.


Related posts