The National Association of Jewellers has launched a new steering group called Better Business and is looking for members to join.
The Better Business group is a steering group that sits under the umbrella of the National Association of Jewellers National Committee, made up of a group of carefully selected volunteers that are experts in their relevant fields. Its aim is to empower NAJ members, to operate Better Businesses, in line with the NAJ’s three core values of honesty, integrity and professionalism.
Focusing primarily on smaller businesses who sometimes lack the necessary time, resources or expertise, the group is going to create a series of resources that will provide members with the guidance and tools needed, across all of their professional activities, including employee rights and contracts, health and safety practices, certifications, product descriptions and responsible sourcing frameworks.
This set of services and resources should provide the best platform for members to increase profitability and achieve greater commercial success.
The NAJ are seeking need volunteers to help the Association develop this trailblazing programme. The NAJ also has an opening for a vice-chair with a view to becoming the group chair in due course (and thus also joining the NAJ National Committee when they are chair).
The NAJ are looking for people who meet the following criteria:
- Are NAJ members
- Are Interested in business, SMEs in particular
- Want to help others do even better business
- Would enjoy contributing to discussions, sharing knowledge and meeting interesting contacts
- Are ideally either from manufacturers/retailers/suppliers
- Are interested in responsible sourcing
- Can commit to 4 meetings per year which are normally in London. The chair would also need to attend a further 4 meetings per year (National Committee meetings) which alternate between London and Birmingham. Reasonable travel expenses are paid for all meetings.
If you want to know more please send an email to Harriet Kelsall, the current acting chair, via Amanda.White@naj.co.uk.