Business articles

Mappin and Webb // Glasgow

Aurum Holdings buys major US jewellery retailer

Aurum Holdings buys major US jewellery retailer

Britain’s biggest jewellery and watch retailer, Aurum Holdings, has acquired Mayors Jewelers, a chain of 17 prestige jewellers in Florida and Georgia, USA, for $104.6 million (£81 million). Mayors gives Aurum Holdings a significant foothold in the US market, including the real estate and resources of a headquarters office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Aurum Holdings

Advertisement
Sam Willoughby Editor's Choice

Sam Willoughby to step down after this year’s IJL

International Jewellery London (IJL) will bid farewell to event director Sam Willoughby in October, after eight years at the helm and more than 13 years working for Reed Exhibitions. Willoughby and her team have developed many unique and market-leading features at IJL, including the VIP Diamond Club programme and an innovative 365-day strategy across content

Professional-Jeweller_Award-Logo Black

Two weeks left to have your say on the winners of the PJ Awards

There are just two weeks left for the industry to choose its champions and cast their votes for the inaugural Professional Jeweller Awards. Taking place at Kensington Roof Gardens on Monday, September 4 (the second night of International Jewellery London), the first Professional Jeweller Awards will celebrate the achievements of the UK jewellery industry over the last 12 months

shutterstock_247531615

FEATURE: What does luxury mean to millennial consumers?

There is a lot of data surrounding millennial consumers and how they are shopping so much differently to the generation before them. In some ways for Generation Y their expectations are a lot higher. Due to the power of social media and their favourite device – the mobile phone – millennial consumers are well-informed and

millennials

CMJ hosts millennial networking reception

The Company of Master Jewellers is hosting a networking reception for its millennial members today (August 6). Anyone between 18-38 attending this weekend buying event are invited to an exclusive drinks reception in the Corona Bar at the Hilton Metropole Hotel, where the buying meeting is taking place. The Company of Master Jewellers is well

buccellati-60th-anniveray-earrings-web.jpg

Buccellati announces international push under new investors

Chinese holding company, Gangsu Gangtai Group, has completed its acquisition of 85% of Italian jewellery brand Buccellati, announcing plans to expand the businesses internationally. The other 15% stake is split between Italian investment company Clessidra and the brand’s previous owners, the Buccellati family. The transaction values the company at 230 million euros(£207m). The Gangsu Gangtai

NC6

Sunshine Exim supports retailers with new website tools

Jewellery trade supplier Sunshine Exim has introduced new functions to its website to further support retailers. New functions include a tool which retailers can use to create complimentary personalised marketing materials and a gemstone weight calculator application. Retailers can access the new bespoke marketing tool via their trade log-in area, where a selection of pre-defined

Guest column

GUEST COLUMN: How QVC creates a ‘work happy’ culture

Guest column by Sarah Hansford, buyer – fashion jewellery, QVC UK. QVC is unlike any other retailer, both in the way it operates – a department store combining digital retailing, live TV reaching 27 million UK homes, and a buzzing social media hub to create the most engaging shopping experience – and in its culture,

Top