The creative design agency on how to keep your retail space fresh.
By Courtney Hagen
Callum Lumsden, creative director of Lumsden, has worked on retail designs for the Tate Modern, the British Museum, the V&A museum, the Warner Bros. studio tour in London, and collaborations with Mary Portas. He offers Professional Jeweller his top 10 tips for inspiring retail design.
• Be brave, like Nicholas James (pictured)
• Be different
• Get your lighting right
• Make sure your window display is outstanding
• Ensure your store reflects your brand and nobody else’s
• Spend your budget where the customer benefits most
• Make your customer feel special
• Don’t be scared of the internet
• Display clear and concise product stories
• Change your displays consistently
These tips were taken from Professional Jeweller’s September issue. To read the issue in full online, click here.