UK Trade and Investment London has announced a focus on the Philippines, with a Great Philippines Retail Seminar taking place on July 31 2015.
At the Great Philippines Retail Seminar attendees will be able to hear about business opportunities in the Philippine market and the upcoming market visit.
As the second most populated country in the ASEAN region, the Philippines represents a huge consumer market that holds considerable potential for UK businesses. The country is also home to the ASEAN’s second largest middle-income population, with a sturdy demand for consumer products, notably apparel, electronic gadgets, games and toys and luxury goods.
The retail industry in the Philippines is driven by a young consumer base, growing population, and expanding middle-class with relatively high disposable income.
Seminar attendees will hear from a UKTI commercial adviser about opportunities in the Philippines, meet with a UKTI international trade adviser who can help maximize businesses in the Philippines and network with fellow business professionals.
The agenda, which is subject to change, is as followed:
- 10.00 – Welcome by Adrian Walsh, Senior International Trade Adviser, UKTI London, and Joyce Tolentino, Senior Trade & Investment Manager, UKTI Philippines.
- 10.15 – Sixty Seconds Introductions by participants.
- 10.40 – Overview and opportunities in Philippines by Joyce Tolentino.
- 11.10 – Philippines’ Business Etiquette by Jack Porteous, Culture and Language Adviser, UKTI London.
- 11.25 – How UKTI can help retail/luxury products companies in exporting to the Philippines by Adrian Walsh.
- 11.50 – Q&A
- 12.00 – Networking Lunch
- 13.00 – Closing
For more information, please contact UKTI London Missions Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.