3D Christmas marketing campaign wins growing interest from industry.
The Professional Jeweller and Holition Christmas marketing project is open to applicants for only eight more days with interest already expressed from key players in the UK jewellery industry.
The project offers 10 retailers and designers in the UK jewellery industry the chance to use Holition’s 3D augmented reality software in their Christmas marketing campaign for £5,000 – less than Holition’s cost price for the program.
The call to participants is open until October 18 and those wishing to get involved will join the ranks of brands such as Boucheron, De Beers and Tissot, who have also worked with Holition to create bespoke 3D technology programs, winning over consumers with successful increases in sales and web traffic.
Holition will create a special Christmas-themed online experience that will feature on retailers’ or designers’ websites in the run-up to the festive selling period. The tool will be an ideal marketing opportunity that can spin out into customer events, local press opportunities and, perhaps most importantly, viral opportunities through social networking sites.
The 3D experience will be hosted on the website of the retailer or designer. Customers can print out special paper markers, either for a watch or a ring – the promotion is subject to a single object – which they then place on their skin where the real product would go, position themselves in front of a web cam and watch the image of a watch or ring appear on screen in place of the marker.
The partnership will be followed online at professionaljeweller.com and in Professional Jeweller magazine and is open to just 10 companies, either retailers with five stores or less or jewellery designers.
The Professional Jeweller and Holition package will include:
• A virtual try on application which has a simple white interface, which will include your logo, and be available on your website.
• A choice of item; either a watch from your retail offer (can be any brand) or a ring from your collection.
• The program is Mac and PC compatible, and allows consumers to take a photo of themselves wearing the piece which they can send to Facebook and/or Twitter. They are also able to change the size of the object on the wrist/finger and can rotate it.
• A marketing conference call hosted by Holition to ensure that you are best able to create a marketing opportunity around your experience, and launch event ideas.
• A bespoke consumer focused ‘how to’ video created by Holition to ensure your clients know how to use your technology. This will include your logo, and selected product, and can be ideally used online, or to drive your social media.
• A ‘click through to purchase’ option if the item chosen is available to buy online.
• The printed marker artwork, which is the wristband or finger wrap that your customers cut out to try on, will be designed by Holition.
• The simple integration to your current website; easy for your internal teams to upload a link to your site.
• Before, during and after coverage of your experience with Holition’s 3D augmented reality online at professionaljeweller.com and in the magazine.
The project can also be reskinned with a Valentine’s Day theme to extend its commercial longevity at a small additional price.
This is the first time that the technology, which can cost anything from tens to hundreds of thousands of pounds depending on specifications, will be made available to smaller players in the UK watch and jewellery industry.
“Premium brands are constantly looking for ways to deliver cutting edge marketing campaigns and as one of Professional Jeweller’s Hot 100 Trailblazers, we are supporting the growth and expansion of the UK jewellery industry with a once in a lifetime offer to help stores stay one step ahead of the competition,” said Jonathan Chippindale, chief executive of Holition.
Retailers or designers interested in being part of this groundbreaking project can apply up until October 28. The 10 selected will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Those interested should contact Lynne Murray at Holition on 020 7377 9659 or at email@example.com.