East Grinstead jeweller to shut after 110 years as owners retire.
William Major & Sons is set to close its doors after 110 years trading in East Grinstead because its owners are retiring.
Brothers Nick and Keith Major are the third generation of the Major family to run the business but are set to close the shop as they make plans for their retirement.
After the closure of the shop on the town’s London Road the brothers will continue to work in the jewellery industry, selling to private clients by appointment only.
Nick Major told local newspaper the East Grinstead Courier and Observer: "We have been an amazing team over the years and one just has to realise that this partnership is coming to an end. The irony is people ask if our sale is due to the recession but that’s not the case at all, because business has been booming."
The retailer is currently running a retirement sale offering 50% off its jewellery stock, which includes pieces from Brown & Newirth, Lady Heart, Candour, Chamilia, Faberge and more.
William Major & Sons was founded in 1903 and famously in 1969 was commissioned to create replicas of the Crown Jewels for an overseas client.