Money can’t buy tickets, but quiz answers can.
The anticipation is building as we prepare to unveil the Professional Jeweller Hot 100 2011 at an exclusive
invite-only party in London on September 6, and you can join us.
Money can’t buy tickets to this select networking event, but quiz answers can. To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets all you have to do is solve the questions below and submit your answers by clicking here.
If you find yourself struggling with any of the questions, remember that answers to all these questions can be found in stories publishesomewhere on our website.
1. Ethical jewellery brand Chavin takes its name from an ancient civilization that developed highly skilled techniques in metallurgy producing refined precious metal work, but in which country did this ancient civilization originate?
2. The Company of Master Jewellers has had an impressive year of growth. Can you tell us by what percentage have its sales risen year on year as announced at its AGM in June?
3. In last year’s Hot 100, who was pictured with their bicycle on Hatton Garden?
4. Swarovski has ambitious plans for the Middle East where it hopes to increase the number of its boutiques to 30. Sales in the country were reported in May to account for 3% of its profits – how much in pounds did this percentage equate to in our story?
5. Trollbeads sent retailers into a fluster when it launched a very limited collection at The Jewellery Show in February, as they dashed to the stand to take advantage of the first-come-first-served offer. What was Trollbeads’ stand number at the show?
6. Aagaard has been working with Help for Heroes, raising money for the forces charity through sales of friendship bracelets. According to our story on June 27, how much money had the Danish jewellery brand raised since 2009 – was it £360,000 or £325,000 ?
7. Clogau Gold watched its sales soar as Kate and Wills walked down the aisle earlier this year, thanks to a royal connection to Welsh gold, and the brand claimed that the royal wedding had been more profitable than Christmas. Can you tell us how many airlines the brand is stocked with?
8. Ti Sento has been a force to be reckoned with in the world of branded jewellery in 2011, but it also has a sister brand with a more luxurious line thats name also starts with a T. What is it?
9. The Professional Jeweller team put a call out earlier this year for readers to nominate people they thought deserved a place on this year’s Hot 100 list. What was the total number of nominations received?
10. The PGI’s Ruth Donaldson had a very energetic picture taken for the Hot 100 2010, showing her jumping in the air. What number is in the background of the shot?