Due to popular demand The British Academy of Jewellery’s campus in Birmingham will be offering summer short courses in their contemporary workshop at The Assay Office.
Attendees will be taught a variety of skills and techniques on all of the available courses, to take forward with them into a career within the jewellery industry.
BAJ Birmingham’s centre manager, Lisa Khosla, comments: “It is the academy’s primary goal, to inspire, nurture and train the next generation of jewellers to continue the legacy and to celebrate the heritage of Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter. These summer courses will ensure that these key skills are not lost, and our historic quarter continues to thrive with fresh blood and talent”.
The courses available to take this summer include:
- Beginners Enamelling, two day course June 19-20
- Intermediate Enamelling, two day course July 2-3
- Technical Drawing, two day course 13-14 August
- Rendering, two day course August 16-17
- Beginners CAD Matrix, four day Course – August 6-9
- Intermediate CAD Matrix, four day Course- August 20-23
- Wax Carving and Cleaning Casting Course- August 20-25
If you are interested in any of the above courses you can contact BAJ’s admissions officer Zoe Wilkinson on 0121 655 0105 or email email@example.com.