Budding jewellery business are being urged to enter the 14th annual Startup Awards as new categories are added to the event.
The awards look to celebrate start-ups across all industries and reward those that the judging panel considers the most exciting and promising.
The panel, which includes Liz Earle MBE, Debbie Wosskow OBE, Hawes and Curtis CEO and Dragons’ Den star Touker Suleyman, and the founders of Innocent Drinks, Ella’s Kitchen, and StartUp Britain, who will select the eventual winners.
This year’s award categories include:
- The Start Up Loans Start Up of the Year
- The Start Up Loans Inspiring Entrepreneur of the Year
- App of the Year
- Crowdfunded Business of the Year
- Export Business of the Year
- Franchisee of the Year
- Innovative Business of the Year
- Lean Start-up of the Year
- Product Business of the Year
- Retail Business of the Year
- Service Business of the Year
- Tech Business of the Year
- Venture Funded Business of the Year
- Women in Business Award
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- The Founders Pledge Social Impact Award
The 16th category is the People’s Champion Award where a shortlist of 50 start-ups will be selected by the judging panel and then put to the public vote.
The judges will convene on Wednesday 11 October to decide the winners, before the awards are presented at an exclusive awards ceremony on November 30 at the Royal Garden Hotel, London.
Previous winners include Notonthehighstreet.com, Purplebricks, The Cambridge Satchel Company and 2016 overall winner Onfido, who have all gone on to become recognised industry names.
Supported by headline sponsor The Start Up Loans Company, the Startups Awards is open to all independently owned businesses in the UK that started trading after 1 August 2013.
The Startups Awards 2017 are open for entries until Friday September 15.