Gary Williams and Kady Wilson attacked the couple in their home with bricks.

Gang of four attack couple in home before raiding north London store.

Police have revealed details of a robbery in which almost £1m worth of jewellery and watches were stolen after a couple in their 50s were beaten with bricks and threatened with an axe.

The robbery, which took place last year in the Finsbury Park area of London, was carried out by three men and a woman who broke into the house of a couple on Moray Road, demanding the keys to the safe of thier jewellery store, Blingers, in Edmonton, north London.


The thieves are said to have waited for the couple, a 50-year-old man and a 56-year-old woman, to return from a night out, before launching their attack. The man was hit over the head with a brick and dragged naked from the bath and his wife was woken up by men grabbing her.

They were both handcuffed and threatened with an axe if they did not hand over the key and safe combinations for their jewellery shop.

While some of the gang members remained with the couple, others are said to have headed to the store where almost £1m worth of watches and jewellery were stolen.

The raid happened on May 9 last year in the early hours of the morning, but police arrested Gary Williams, 38, and Kady Wilson, 24, two days later in Hackney, north London.

Williams was caught wearing two of the stolen watches, and a holdall filled with jewellery was found in the back of his car. A later search of Wilson’s Ilford home uncovered more of the stolen goods.

Turker Mustafa, 28, from Waltham Cross, was arrested later that day in West Green Road, Tottenham, and Leon Williams, 37, was arrested two months later.

Leon Williams and Gary Williams have both been found guilty of conspiracy to burgle, and were jailed yesterday for ten years and ten-and-a-half years respectively.

Wilson was found guilty of concealing £800,000 of stolen jewellery and was sentenced for a suspended 12 month prison sentence.

Mustafa admitted at the start of his trial conspiracy to burgle and was jailed for eight-and-a-half years.

Detective Inspector Mark Raymond, who led the investigation, said: "This violent and audacious crime was well-planned and co-ordinated with every effort made to avoid detection and arrest. Their purpose was to steal £1m of jewellery with no regard for the victims."