Fellows’ upcoming Fine Jewellery sale is set to feature one of the most alluring selections of Cartier to date.
The sale, which takes place on Thursday, May 16, includes 13 items from the French jewellery house, with a total high estimate of nearly £150,000 (£141,400).
The collection includes an 18ct gold diamond ‘Naide’ bracelet, an impressive pair of 18ct gold brilliant-cut diamond stud earrings, and a striking 18ct gold diamond and pink enamel ‘Pasha’ automatic bracelet watch.
Over the years Fellows have sold an abundance of elegant Cartier jewellery for a range of prices, including a platinum diamond ‘Lia’ ring for £151,200 in September 2017. Fellows also sold an 18ct gold diamond ‘C Heart of Cartier’ necklace for £10,336 in March this year.
Fine Jewellery catalogue manager, Ben Randall, comments: “Jacques Cartier travelled extensively in search of inspirational gemstones and opportunities to create jewels. Cartier made themselves the default jewellers to the rich and famous clientele around the globe. That spirit carries on today. The diversity and range of their production means there is something to suit every taste. Cartier have high standards of design and craftsmanship and have followed fashion without being slavish to it. They have produced jewels which are archetypal of the age but remain timeless. Their creative use of carved gemstones in the Art Deco period is a joy to see.
“We are thrilled to showcase an amazing range of Cartier in the May Fine Jewellery sale. My favourite piece has to be Lot 200. The bold Art Deco lines, refined to an elegant circle, are still so immensely wearable today. The beautiful item even retains its original case.”
Cartier highlights from the Fine Jewellery auction include:
- Lot 108: CARTIER – a ‘Draperie’ necklace. Estimate £6,500 – £8,500.
- Lot 225: CARTIER – an impressive pair of 18ct gold brilliant-cut diamond stud earrings, of 1.28cts and 1.25cts respectively. Estimate £20,000 – £30,000.
- Lot 226: CARTIER – an 18ct gold diamond, emerald and onyx ‘Panthere de Cartier’ pendant, with cord. Estimate £20,000 – £30,000.
- Lot 227: CARTIER – an 18ct gold diamond ‘Naide’ bracelet. Estimate £25,000 – £35,000.
- Lot 230: CARTIER – an 18ct gold diamond and pink enamel ‘Pasha’ automatic bracelet watch. Estimate £8,000 – £12,000.