The Goldsmiths’ Centre has launched a free membership for students and apprentices registered on UK precious metal courses.
The membership provides full access to its new online Skills Hub, packed with practical skills videos, a back-catalogue of its inspiring Creative Links talks, technical articles and industry-specific resources created by specialist craftspeople for those in the goldsmithing industry.
By subscribing for free, student and apprentice members can:
- Get unlimited access to the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s online ‘Skills Hub’, the place for trusted videos, articles and industry-specific resources created by experts
- Browse an online library of Industry Profiles to discover a range of potential careers within the industry and hear from those who are currently working within those roles
- Connect up with the UK’s leading goldsmithing service providers – from polishers to diamond setters – through a searchable Supplier Directory
- Expand their vocabulary with a handy A-Z Glossary of goldsmithing terms
- Be part of a supportive UK-wide network of apprentices and students within the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries
- Be the first to hear about newly released resources and special members’ discounts for in-demand courses and inspirational events such as the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s Creative Links talks and Creative Inspiration visits
- Get a 10% discount in the Goldsmiths’ Centre’s café, Bench, and discover offers from selected partners
Director of the Goldsmiths’ Centre, Peter Taylor, explains: “The new free Student and Apprentice membership is designed to support members to unlock their full potential early on in their studies and training. It brings together a growing platform of online resources, tips and career options, specifically tailored by industry practitioners, as well as a range of benefits and discounts to practice confidently in the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries.”
The Goldsmiths’ Centre’s free Student & Apprentice Membership is valid for all current apprentices and students registered on a UK precious metal Further Education or Higher Education course and UK-based apprentices.