This year, the 47th edition of the Istanbul Jewellery Show saw a 22% increase in visitor numbers, proving its worth as a lucrative buying event for its 800 exhibitors.
The exhibition, which ran from Thursday 11th October to Sunday 14th October, hosted 18,953 sector professionals from 119 countries, a notable rise on the number of attendees in 2017.
Organised by UBM Rotaforte Uluslararası Fuarcılık A.Ş., Turkey office of UBM Asia, which is the biggest exhibition organiser on the Asian continent, the Istanbul Jewellery Show takes places twice a year and has grown to become an important buying platform for exports of the Turkish jewellery sector.
The four-day exhibition in October also hosted over 1,000 buyers as part of the International Buyer Delegation Program, with jewellery companies and brands showcasing a broad range of product groups and sectors including gold, diamonds, coloured stones, precious and semi-precious stones, pearls, and silver.
Şermin Cengiz, the founding partner of UBM Rotaforte, said: “We are more than glad to have completed successfully our exhibition which sets the agenda of all professionals in the sector and the global jewelry industry alike. It is a source of pride for us that, despite being an eight-day exhibition consisting of two four-day parts, Istanbul Jewelry Show helped create around 80% of the jewelry exports of our country.
“Aware of the fact that every Istanbul Jewelry Show is a major gateway opening our jewelry industry to the world and makes significant contributions to our national economy, we’ve already started working hard to make even greater achievements with our exhibitions in 2019.”
Compared to October 2017 exhibition, Istanbul Jewelry Show – October 2018, demonstrated a 39% increase in the number of foreign visitors and 10% increase in the number of local visitors. 49% of the visitors were from abroad while the remaining 51% were from Turkey.
Istanbul Jewelry Show in March 2019, will be held between 21 – 24 March 2019.