The Jewellery World Awards (JWA), formerly known as JNA, has opened nominations and has also introduced new categories.
Founded in 2012 and until now working mainly in Asia, the event rebranded to have a more global focus late last month.
To reflect that it has now introduced three new categories. The nine 2021 JWA categories now run as follows:
- Brand of the Year – Retail
- Industry Innovation of the Year
- Manufacturer of the Year
- Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – APAC
- Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – EMEA & Americas
- Outstanding ESG Performance of the Year
- Outstanding Small Enterprise of the Year (50 full-time employees and below)
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year (age 40 and below)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (nominated by the organiser)
The 2021 JWA ceremony and gala dinner will debut in a hybrid format during the Jewellery and Gem World Hong Kong fair in September.
Letitia Chow, chairperson and founder of Jewellery World Awards at Informa Markets Jewellery: “To create an even more diverse and inclusive award programme, we have expanded the Outstanding Enterprise category to include the Americas, and added Outstanding Small Enterprise of the Year to the list.
“That way more companies from all over the world can be recognised for their outstanding achievements, regardless of the scale of their operations.
“Additionally, the new Outstanding ESG Performance of the Year category will highlight the importance of sustainability in every aspect of the business.
“We look forward to sharing more inspiring experiences and solutions from the industry at the 2021 JWA.”
Read more about the awards’ rebranding below: