As the year draws to a close we look back at our top stories of 2011.
As another 12 months draws to a close we loook back at the 10 most-read stories on the Professional Jeweller website in 2011 in our last news alert of the year.
In total this year professionaljeweller.com has attracted 1.48 million page views from a total of 291,913 unique visitors who together made a total of 466,202 visits to the site.
And as far as individual stories go, the list this year has been topped with a story from our riots coverage in the summer, Hatton Garden shuts down after riot warning written by Kathryn Bishop. This story, and others featuring the riots, led to the highest web traffic peak on professionaljeweller.com in 2011 on August 9 when 9,286 visited the site.
Other popular topics include stories about gold, the royal wedding, Pandora, footballer Ronaldo and Professional Jeweller’s Treasure competitions.
Due to scheduling changes Professional Jeweller ran both its 2011 Treasure competition and the 2012 Treasure competition this year, one in the first half of the year and the latter earlier this month. The competition always causes a web frenzy as those shortlisted work tirelessly on marketing campaigns to drive their friends, family and fans to the site to vote for them.
The popularity of the contest is reflected in the fact that it appears three times in our list of 2011’s most-read stories. The most-popular of these, Treasure shortlist final 10 vying for your votes, steals in at number four and while it was read by 2,888 people it generated page impressions of 22,270.
While this list looks at individual stories, our dedicated web channels have proved popular with readers this year. Leading the charge in 2011 was the dedicated section for the Professional Jeweller Hot 100 visited by 10,662 readers, followed by WatchPro Watches of the Year with 2,309 visits and London Jewellery Week with 2,300 hits.
Read on for the full list of 2011’s 10 most-read stories on professionaljeweller.com.
2011’S TOP TEN STORIES ON PROFESSIONALJEWELLER.COM
1. Hatton Garden shuts down after riot warning (Aug. 9, read by 7,405)
2. London streets really could be paved wiith gold (Sep. 9, read by 3,894)
3. Robinson Pelham designs Middleton sisters’ earrings (Apr. 29, read by 3,733)
4. Treasure shortlist final 10 vying for your votes (Apr. 13, read by 2,888)
5. Tesco ups cash for gold offer to £10 per gram (Jan. 6, read by 2,649)
6. Ronaldo spotted wearing Meccaniche Velochi (Jul. 20, read by 2,566)
7. Treasure competition shortlist 2011 unveiled (Apr. 13, read by 2,267)
8. IN PICTURES: Teasure competition 2012 shortlist (Dec. 6, read by 2,024)
9. IN PICTURES: Middletons’ Robinson Pelham earrings (Apr. 29, read by 1,924)
10. Will retailers rally to support troubled Pandora? (Aug. 3, read by 1,877)