Independent jewellery retailer Pragnell has decided to rebrand a store it acquired over 20 years, and bring it into the family fold.
Leicester-based George Tarratt, established in 1913, was acquired by the Pragnell family in 1996. Since then, under the guidance of Christopher Tarratt and the directors, the showroom in Market Street has become one of the largest jewellery shops in the UK, and it is at this location that Pragnell base its watch and jewellery workshops.
For reasons of authenticity and to the benefit of its customer, the Pragnell and Tarratt board of directors have decided Tarratt’s will now join the Pragnell family jewellery company in its entirety.
This means the store will be rebranded to have the Pragnell family name above the door, and will be the jewellery firm’s third showroom in the UK.
It joins Prganell’s original Stratford Upon Avon store, which is currently being expanded into a neighbouring retail unit, and the boutique on Mount Street in London’s Mayfair that opened in Q4 last year.
Pragnell managing director, Charlie Pragnell, explains: “As in our Stratford-upon-Avon and Mayfair locations, we shall continue to invest in the building and service standards in Market Street, Leicester.”
The group is now trading as a single entity across its showrooms, and online at pragnell.co.uk.
“We have invested significantly in developing our digital customer service,” Pragnell explains. “The major improvements allow visitors to browse our complete offering across the company and make appointments to view jewellery and watches in person, at their convenience.”