Anticipation and expectation is already building for the Professional Jeweller and WatchPro & Awards, which will take place on November 3.
For one night only, the sister titles will join forces to celebrate the watch and jewellery firms that have gone beyond the call of duty during these unprecedented time.
2020 has certainly not been an easy year for the two industries, but many businesses deserve recognition for what they have been doing, often behind the scenes, throughout the pandemic.
With this in mind, we are pleased to announce the tone of the evening will reflect the time businesses are currently trading in. Part of this will involve telling the story of unsung heroes from across the industry that have made outstanding contributions to their colleagues and communities.
Professional Jeweller editor, Stacey Hailes, shares: “Like any business, we have had to adapt and find new ways of doing things during the pandemic and the idea of putting on a joint event with our sister title, which recognises the times we are in felt like the right thing to do.
“These have been difficult times for the majority of the trade, but there’s still so much to celebrate. I’ve seen companies go above and beyond to put their people first, reach out to customers and transform business to survive this crisis and come out the other side stronger.”
The Professional Jeweller & WatchPro Awards will honour companies and individuals in the following categories:
Four special Awards will be presented on November 3 that recognise the outstanding efforts businesses and individuals have made to maintain momentum during lock down. These include:
- Leadership in Adversity Team of the Year
- Innovator of the Year Award
- Team Wellness Award
- Act of Generosity Award, focused on fundraising and awareness initiatives during the pandemic.
There are also seven awards for excellence in the retail business:
- Independent Watch Retailer of the Year, sponsored by WOLF
- Multiple Watch Retailer of the Year, sponsored by Michel Herbelin
- Independent Jeweller of the Year, sponsored by Curteis
- Multiple Jeweller of the Year
- Best New Store or Refurbishment of the Year (specialising in watches, jewellery or both)
- Ecommerce Retailer of the Year (specialising in watches, jewellery or both)
- Department Store Retailer of the Year, sponsored by Mondaine.
For jewellery and watch brands, there are eight awards:
- Luxury Watch Brand of the Year (>£5000)
- Affordable Luxury Watch Brand of the Year (£1000 – £5000)
- Lifestyle Watch Brand of the Year (<£1000)
- Fine Jewellery Brand of the Year
- Fashion Jewellery Brand of the Year
- Jewellery Supplier of the Year
- Breakthrough brand of the Year
- Marketing and Merchandising Team of the Year, sponsored by Redd Retail Group.
Nominations are now open, and we particularly encourage people to tell their stories now relating to outstanding achievements during the Coronavirus crisis.
Please e-mail ITP Promedia editorial director Andrew Seymour – email@example.com – giving the name of the Award Category, the name of the business or team you are nominating, the reason for the nomination, and any supporting evidence to support it.
The nominations process will remain open until the end of September, but we urge people to act early.
Table and ticket sales are open, and there remain opportunities to raise the profile of your business at this prestigious event.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.