Last Holts Academy event such a success that supplier will repeat.
Pearl supplier Raw Pearls is set to host a second pearl seminar in September, tailored for the jewellery industry, following the success of its first seminar held earlier this year at Holts Academy in London.
A release from Raw Pearls said: “The Academy and Raw Pearls were thrilled with the feedback from the attendees of their last seminar and are committed to providing pearl education as an integral part of their service. “
The seminars aim to dispel many of the myths and mysteries that surround pearls, something it says can lead to a lack of confidence when buying pearls to sell in-store, or selling them to customers.
Its next seminar will be held on September 6 between 3pm and 5.30pm at Holts Academy and will cover the following topics:
• The different types of pearls – natural and cultured
• How to spot a synthetic pearl
• The factors determining price
• How to store, care and display pearls in your shop
• A photo tour of the pearl farming process
• The latest commentary on the pearl market
Tickets are £12 or £8 for Holts Academy alumni and can be purchased by calling Holts Academy’s students services.