Vicenzaoro’s September edition will take place as planned as Italy begins to ease its lockdown restrictions.
Italy has been one of the worst hit countries during the pandemic, but now the deadly virus is showing signs of decline, the government has started to ease social distancing measures and allow businesses to open once again.
As such, the Italian Exhibition Group is gearing up for its September show and will be pulling out all the stops to show the trade is stronger than ever after an unexpected and turbulent start to the year.
With many trade shows not going ahead in 2020, Vicenzaoro (VOS), taking place September 5-9 2020, is likely to mark the start of the industry getting back together again and doing business, and the exhibition’s organisers are ready to shout from the roof tops that the jewellery trade is back in business.
“We are still here, stronger than ever,” vice president of Confindustria delegated to Internationalization, Licia Mattioli, remarks of the trade. “This is the message to launch at Vicenzaoro September in order to re-start from what we know best: how to make beautiful things and make them well by uniting master craftsmanship with industry and positioning ourselves in the high-quality and high-value niche for which we are recognized the world over.”
The recurring theme of VOS 2020 will be the human touch: creativity and craftsmanship, the human side and, therefore, ethical and sustainable industry, training for human resources and talents etc.
President of Confindustria Federorafi, Ivana Ciabatti, says: “As of today, in this particular moment that we are living, making forecasts is a rather difficult task. As Italian entrepreneurs, we are obliged to look ahead with an antagonistic and positive outlook. In view of this, and if the indications are confirmed, VOS 2020 will take place in a period where Italy and other countries – China first and foremost – will have already re-started and, therefore, an international event like Vicenzaoro, will certify the renewed desire and ability of Italy and Made in Italy jewellery to continue to amaze and inspire the dreams of consumers all over the world. ”
“The hope is that Vicenzaoro will set the tone of a new cycle,” adds Vincenzo Aucella, president of Assocoral. “Looking towards September, I hope that this moment of stand-by will serve to analyse and plan a revival with new projects and new ideas. And that our Show will be the first launching pad towards recovery.”
Vicenzaoro September offers an articulate exhibition layout subdivided into six districts:
- ICON for Luxury Brands, which also hosts The Design Room featuring 12 high-jewellery designers from all over the world.
- LOOK with its fashion offer for malls, department stores and contemporary and cosmopolitan concept stores, which also includes three special projects, namely The Watch Room (12 contemporary watch brands), The Glamroom (jewellery artisans), and The Fashion Room (fashion jewellery made of non-precious materials);
- CREATION with companies specialising in producing the finest quality gold and jewellery items specifically for traditional stores, chain stores and wholesalers.
- EXPRESSION for luxury packaging for the jewellery sector aimed principally at retailers and producers.
- ESSENCE dedicated to an infinite variety, in terms of type and origin, of gems and diamonds.
- EVOLUTION, the technological heart of the show represented at last September’s edition by T.EVOLUTION with companies that specialise in designing, producing and selling small machinery and tools for the jewellery sector.
Events at VOS 2020 will include Visio.Next: Ssummit, Trendvision Talk, which will focus on trends with the presentation of Trendbook 2022+, an Open Innovation Event entirely dedicated to technology, innovation and new enterprises in collaboration with StartupBootcamp; on the same topic, start-up and carats will be back connecting the players along the jewellery supply chain with the most dynamic start-ups and SMEs; and digital talks and gem talks on digital innovation for jewellery and watch retailers and the world of stones.
Due to the success it met with last January, the September edition of Vicenzaoro will also see the return of VO Vintage.
Placing a spotlight on extremely rare pieces of jewellery and watches from some of the sector’s most influential players, Vo Vintage acts as a marketplace for vintage jewellery and watches.